cwei3

I don't have an adaptive child but somehow the system keeps adding the 8839 form to me... how can I remove it?

Delete the Form 8839

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Delete a form

henselkp1

I delete the 8839, and it adds it again over and over. I can't get past the smart check.

I have a carry-forward from the last years, and this doesn't seem to want to apply.

If I put in a fake name in the 8839 so it passes the smart check, it applies either the carryover or the new adoptive credit.

It seems like I can't complete my taxes properly.

ZoltanB45

Go to the input screen for adoption credit. It is in the deductions and credits section. Fill it in from there and it should tell you that you do not qualify.