Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

msnanlk

I do not have time to finish my return now. Nor do I have money to pay right now. How do I save the file to finish it later?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

I do not have time to finish my return now. Nor do I have money to pay right now. How do I save the file to finish it later?

Simply sign out of your TurboTax account and once you log back in, all of your information will be saved. TurboTax saves your information as you go along. For more information, visit: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/can-i-save-my-return-and-come-back-later/00/25873

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

YES - You need to file an Extension and send a check with the best estimated amount of taxes owed with it. Then you have 6 months to complete the return.

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

You do not have to file an extension if you will be able to complete and file your return by midnight (in your time zone) on April 15, 2020.  As AshleyLO mentioned, your return will be waiting for you -- just sign back in!

Otherwise you can file an extension using TurboTax Easy Extension when it becomes available.   If you wish to file your extension before then, you can download the form from the IRS website, complete it, and mail it in.  Click on this link:  Form 4868

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies