turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lprn01

I didnt sell any eggs this year on my farm , Can I skip Schedule F in 2016?

I am almost done with TurboTax deluxe 2016, I have previously  filed a schedule F, for poultry egg sales, but didn't do it this year. Can I skip schedule F this year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The online version of Deluxe does not support schedule F, you will need to upgrade to Self Employed. If you operate a for-profit farm business you must report all your income and expenses, even if you have a loss. If you decide to close your farm business you need to report that in TurboTax and report how you disposed of each depreciating asset. Once that is done, TurboTax will stop asking you about your farm income and you no longer need to file a schedule F. If you sell some eggs in the future, you can report it as Hobby Income and Expenses. Please see page snip below;

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The online version of Deluxe does not support schedule F, you will need to upgrade to Self Employed. If you operate a for-profit farm business you must report all your income and expenses, even if you have a loss. If you decide to close your farm business you need to report that in TurboTax and report how you disposed of each depreciating asset. Once that is done, TurboTax will stop asking you about your farm income and you no longer need to file a schedule F. If you sell some eggs in the future, you can report it as Hobby Income and Expenses. Please see page snip below;

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies