Did you already complete filing this years tax returns? If you did, you will not be able to make any changes until the IRS rejects or accepts your return. If you have not completed filing this years tax return try this work around:1. Sign into your account.
2. Click on the My TurboTax menu ( See attachment) and select Visit My Tax Timeline .
3. Under SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO click on Add a state. (You are not adding a state to your return. This allows you to get back into your return.)
Once you are back into your return you can either make your changes and continue to e-file or you can just clear and start over to redo the entire return from the beginning.
In TurboTax Online, you can clear and start over as long as you haven't paid or registered yet (free users are asked to register their accounts before they file).
Note: You can’t clear and start over using the mobile app. Instead, log in to your TurboTax account from a desktop or mobile browser to clear and start over.
- Sign in to TurboTax Online and open your return by clicking the orange Take me to my return button.
- With your screen maximized, click My Account (at the top of your screen toward the right) and select Clear & Start Over. (If on a tablet or phone, you may find the Clear & Start Over option by clicking the three parallel lines, or “hamburger”, in the top left corner.)
- Answer Yes to Are you sure you want to clear your return?
- After your entries have been cleared out, we'll prompt you to select a TurboTax product so you can start over from the very beginning.
A reason you might want to clear and start over is if you think you’re in a higher-priced version of TurboTax and don’t need to be. Have a look below under Related Information for more details.
If you're signed in under last year's login, once you clear and start over we'll automatically transfer last year's info over if you select the PLUS upgrade, Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed. Federal Free Edition (without PLUS) does not include the year-over-year transfer feature.
Still have questions?Make a post