Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't file my 2021 taxes but filed my 2022 taxes, can I still file the 2021 taxes and how do I do that?

Can I still filed my 2021 taxes this year?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

I didn't file my 2021 taxes but filed my 2022 taxes, can I still file the 2021 taxes and how do I do that?

Yes. You can still file a 2021 income tax return. If you didn’t receive the third stimulus payment — and were qualified — the money will be added to your refund as a Rebate Recovery Credit.

TurboTax 2021 is not available online so you’ll have to buy the program and install it on a computer.

Go to File your 2021 taxes to buy TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
psbjr
Returning Member

I haven't filed my 2021 taxes but am about to efile my 2022 taxes using TurboTax. Can I get the third stimulus statement just based on my 2022 tax filing and not have to file for 2021?

@psbjr wrote:

I haven't filed my 2021 taxes but am about to efile my 2022 taxes using TurboTax. Can I get the third stimulus statement just based on my 2022 tax filing and not have to file for 2021?

No, the third stimulus payment can only be received using the 2021 tax return and by completing the Recovery Rebate section in the 2021 return.

To complete and file a 2021 tax return using TurboTax you would need to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2021 desktop editions from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

A 2021 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies