Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimjoneaen217

I did put my new bank information in while doing this years taxes, where will my check go

I did NOT put my new banking information
3 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

I did put my new bank information in while doing this years taxes, where will my check go

If you have already filed your return, your bank account number cannot be changed unless the return is rejected.  If you haven't filed your return yet, or if your return is rejected, you can change your bank information during the filing process.  Click on the File tab and continue through the filing screens.  TurboTax will bring you to the screen for entering your bank information.

If your return is accepted with the old account information, the IRS will try to deposit your refund into that account.  If they are unsuccessful, they will mail you a check.

bshep221990

need to up date bank info never gat refund

xmasbaby0
Level 15

@bshep221990 The IRS does not allow you to change your banking information after you file your tax return.  If you used a closed or incorrect account for your direct deposit, then the refund will be sent back and then the IRS will mail you a check, using the address you entered on your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.48m
Members

2.6m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v