turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did put my new bank information in while doing this years taxes, where will my check go

I did NOT put my new banking information
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

I did put my new bank information in while doing this years taxes, where will my check go

If you have already filed your return, your bank account number cannot be changed unless the return is rejected.  If you haven't filed your return yet, or if your return is rejected, you can change your bank information during the filing process.  Click on the File tab and continue through the filing screens.  TurboTax will bring you to the screen for entering your bank information.

If your return is accepted with the old account information, the IRS will try to deposit your refund into that account.  If they are unsuccessful, they will mail you a check.

need to up date bank info never gat refund

@bshep221990 The IRS does not allow you to change your banking information after you file your tax return.  If you used a closed or incorrect account for your direct deposit, then the refund will be sent back and then the IRS will mail you a check, using the address you entered on your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
barbpzlb5

I did NOT give my new banking information 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an older thread that may contain outdated information. Do you have a specific question we can assist you with?

@barbpzlb5 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies