Does TurboTax think you are finished, so your return is closed, but you haven't actually filed (have not efiled and haven't actually mailed anything?)
If you have not actually filed the 2018 return (have not efiled and
have not filed by mail), then here's how to open your return back up to continue
working on it. You can even change the filing method if you wish to efile.
- Log in and go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."
- Click on that line or the word SHOW to expand that section.
- Under 2018, look for a link "Add a State" and click. (that doesn't really add one; that's just to open the return back up.)
- Once the return is open, you can resume working on your return to make any corrections.
- If you make changes on the Federal side, you may need to
review the screens in your State Taxes as well to be sure the changes
are reflected on that side.
- Then go through the REVIEW tab to be sure all is still in order.
- Then go through the FILE tab to choose a filing method, etc.
- If filing by mail, it should prompt you to print the return and filing instructions.
- If efiling, be sure you go all the way to the end to the final screen and click the button "Transmit My Returns Now".
Still have questions?Make a post