isabelgloss

I did not pay an alternative minimum tax, but the form will not let me unclick that I did

It asks me to select any situations that apply to me and one of the selections is that I paid an AMT in a prior year. That selection is pre-clicked for me, and every time I unclick and then move to the next page it still says that I clicked that situation.

ThomasM125

AMT is reported on form 6251 which may be in your program in error. To remove it, you can follow these steps:

1. Tax tools (on the left menu bar)
  2. Tools
  3. Delete a form

Find form 6251 in the list of forms and delete the form.

ThomasM125

1. Tax tools (on the left menu bar)
  2. Tools
  3. Delete a form

isabelgloss

You solved this problem in 8 seconds. I talked to someone on TurboTax for literally ONE HOUR and he couldn't help me. Thank you!!