Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did my taxes it said my federal refund was 4205.00, upon trying to complete the federal refund dropped to 4151.00..

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I did my taxes it said my federal refund was 4205.00, upon trying to complete the federal refund dropped to 4151.00..

We cannot see your screen or your tax return.  We do not know when "it" said your federal refund was $4205 or what you were doing when it dropped to $4151-- a difference of $54.    When and where were you seeing $4205?    Were you seeing a combination of a federal refund and a small state refund, perhaps?  Or when you added a new piece of information before filing, did the refund drop?   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

What are the amounts on your Form 1040 (or 1040-SR) lines 34, 35a, 36, and 38?

Did you select the option to pay your TurboTax fees from your federal refund?

See if there is a penalty on 1040 line 38.  You can have a penalty even if you are getting a refund.  It happened to me one year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies