I did my taxes a few days ago, and know how much I...

angeliaeldridge8

I did my taxes a few days ago, and know how much I'm getting back. All the info was saved and done and completed. Has anyone had issues due to them not processing til the 12th

What issues?

MY RETURN IS IN PENDING—what does that mean?

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending. If your return is rejected you will be able to make corrections before re-filing.

The IRS will not be accepting/rejecting 2020 returns until Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until mid-February or later to arrive.   And watch your spam folder too.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

A state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

MsDebbieWest

I filed my taxes on January 14, 2021 was suppose to be accepted on January 29, 2021. However as stated IRS new date to start is February 12, 2021. However since my taxes was sent and pending the IRS accepted my taxes on February 10, 2021. They actually started a couple days earlier than the 12th. I have a date for federal return on March 03. My state taxes was accepted on February 13, 2021.

MsDebbieWest

Well my taxes was done on January 14 and sent which IRS were to start accepting on January 29, 2021. However as you know the date was pushed back to February 12, 2021. However instead of February 12, 2021 my taxes was accepted on February 10, 2021. My state taxes was accepted on February 13, 2021. The following day after the 10th the IRS site was showing one orange bar. That was quick.

MsDebbieWest

TPG showing IRS has been updating their site most of the day...Capturecfgfhgyft.PNG