Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I continue to get a FAILED_VALIDATION message when trying to e-file. It says I need an update but when checking, it also says Turbo Tax is up to date. Help?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I continue to get a FAILED_VALIDATION message when trying to e-file. It says I need an update but when checking, it also says Turbo Tax is up to date. Help?

To make sure TurboTax runs smoothly:

I need help installing my software

I need help updating my software

I got a Microsoft Installer error

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've already e-filed four other times and only now am getting this message.  I noticed a similar patch (in another forum) was required last year.  For anyone looking, the following link is the one I needed: 

Ponce2

Thank you for your post and provided link!

It fixed the issue for me.

Thank you very much!! I kept getting the error as well but this worked. Much appreciated.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies