tjbodedad

I completed my 2016 return using TurboTax Home & Business for Mac, and now want torrent the return, but it will not open, not even from the recent file menu. Any ideas?

I've tried double-clicking the file, choosing the file from the list under Open Recent in the File menu and choosing Open Tax Return from the File menu and then navigating to the return and choosing it, but none of those methods will open the return in TurboTax. I only get a new Untitled return.

thor1207

I had the same problem on my MAC. I COPIED the file to a flash drive and it opened up on my Windows laptop (which had TurboTax for Windows) without a problem. I saved it there and then opened the file from the flash drive in my MAC and was able save everything to PDF. I think it is something with the iCloud not being able to open the .tax file format.