Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I completed all the steps from My Info to Review. Yet when I try to file, I keep getting an error message of: Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section, why?

Pretty self-explanatory, the last step of filing online through TurboTax is to confirm payment and file. When I click the confirm button it gives me an error. I have tried using my phone and another browser and it still won't work, I tried using my phones data and not the wifi and it still won't work. It says I have made no errors, so what is the deal? how can I file my taxes? do I have to pay the $29 fee for Plus+?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I completed all the steps from My Info to Review. Yet when I try to file, I keep getting an error message of: Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section, why?

If anyone is having an issue similar to mine. Specifically, when you click confirm payment and then you receive Hmm, "looks like we hit a slight snag in this section." All you have to do is click on your billing address, change the street address to 123 Main St, but make sure to leave the city, state, and zip code the same. It worked for me, and it should work for you. I was on the phone with customer service, and after speaking to two people the third rep suggested I change my billing address and it worked like a charm!

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Just to know that you have exhausted all efforts, log out. Then clear your cache and cookies, log back in and revisit the File section. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just because you took the time out of your day to suggest that, I did what you said one more time and still nothing. After I enter the 'just three more steps and we'll file your returns' section and continue to confirm payment, I keep getting the same error stated above, it is simply not a problem from my end, I have gone through My info section, federal section, state section and so on multiple times and there are no discrepancies and still no luck, TurboTax is simply not working.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You are getting the error when trying to pay?

If so, please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

If anyone is having an issue similar to mine. Specifically, when you click confirm payment and then you receive Hmm, "looks like we hit a slight snag in this section." All you have to do is click on your billing address, change the street address to 123 Main St, but make sure to leave the city, state, and zip code the same. It worked for me, and it should work for you. I was on the phone with customer service, and after speaking to two people the third rep suggested I change my billing address and it worked like a charm!

Hope this helps!

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Good to hear that you were successful! Thank you for sharing the fix for others. 

Can't thank you enough for sharing this solution. I had spent more than 4 hours talking to customer service in last 8 days, trying everything suggested by Turbotax help, and going through the return several times over. Nothing had worked.

You saved so many people's precious time my friend. Bless you!

I have lost my faith on Turbotax technology team entirely, who built this buggy system.

You’re very welcome, I know it can be very frustrating after trying everything suggested by TurboTax. I’m glad I could be of help, pass it on! 🙂

hi, that did not work for me. #1 I am getting that error when purchasing a new state or trying to efile CT state.

at that screen there isn't access to change the billing address, you have to log in to your intuit account and change it there. IT DID NOT WORK.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you still experience the issue, please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies