brbndale3

I cant afford to pay my federal and state taxes and my bankrupcy lawyer says I need to submit it anyway. unless I pay it wont allow me why?

Carl

When using the online version of TurboTax, you must pay your TurboTax fees up front before you can e-file or print your return. If you owe taxes to the IRS, then the option to pay from your refund (which you're not getting if you owe the IRS) is not available to you. You'll have to pay with a credit card.
rjs

If you owe tax, you can tell TurboTax you will send a check for the tax that you owe, then not send the check. TurboTax doesn't know if you actually send the check or not. But you still have to pay the TurboTax fees in order to file. You have to pay for using the TurboTax software.

The TurboTax fees should be around $150 or less even for a complicated return with one state.

It is very important that you file your tax return as soon as possible. The penalty for late filing without an approved extension is much higher than the penalty for late payment.