turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1099 dividends are $11387 but the summary shows over $42000. There is a duplicate somewhere but I can't get to it and delete it.

See the comment at the bottom of the page.

1099 dividends are $11387 but the summary shows over $42000. There is a duplicate somewhere but I can't get to it and delete it.

Thanks. As long as I can make changes in the actual 1040 before filing, I can sort it out. There is a glitch in the TurboTax system to let this happen. It happened to me once before where dividends were double reported and I had to file an amended return. 

I guess bottom line question is can I make corrections on the 1040 before filing it? If so, I can enter the correct dividends on line 9 regardless of what TurboTax shows on the summary page. If they show $45K I will change it to $16K. OK?

See the comment made at the bottom of the page.

Can I edit and correct the actual 1040 before filing or do I have to correct the work sheets first? 

Thanks

I cannot change the dividend and income entry on the 1040. The total there is duplicated and needs to be corrected. However this 1040 error does not show on the work sheet so cannot be corrected there. What to do?

See the last comment under the original question.

I don't see your comment??

At this point you should pay the TurboTax fees, then contact us and have the software download pushed to you.   Please go to <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number?jump_to=answer_3300041">...> for further information on how to contact TurboTax.
Read all the way through the instructions under TurboTax Online.  When you call, be sure to tell them you are using TurboTax Premier.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies