I can't submit my return because a form hasn't bee...

I can't submit my return because a form hasn't been finalized yet. I have a 1099-NEC. What does this mean and when will I be able to efile it?

Same here and it shows that today is the day that we can get this finished and finalized, but still nothing.

You are self-employed as you have a form 1099-NEC. Your self-employed income is qualified business income and you are eligible for the 20% Qualified business income deduction. This deduction is calculated on form 8995 which will be ready on or around 01/2/2021. Please be patient as it could be late by a day or two.