Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gpware
Returning Member

I can't import tax forms from my Vanguard Group Brokerage Account

I can't import tax forms from my Vanguard Group Brokerage Account. When I enter in the Account Number and Document ID there is an error: "the following fields have length limits". The Account Number and Document ID were copied from Consolidated Form 1099 with spaces removed and so should be correct and and of the appropriate length. So this error doesn't make any sense. Some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

gpware
Returning Member

Thank you for your reply.

You mentioned, "This happens occasionally." By that, do you mean that the specific error that I am seeing, "following fields have limits," happens occasionally? None of the links that you posted address this specific problem. Length limits I assume means the number of characters in the Account Number and Document ID. I have already verified that they are of the correct length. 

Vanguard Group is a TurboTax 1099 partner. I don't have an extremely high number of transactions. 

Any additional help would be appreciated.

gpware
Returning Member

It seems the error message changed a bit, but the result is the same, "Following fields have limits. Account Number: Please enter only 8 numeric digits of Account Number." However, the account number I entered has exactly 8 digits with no non-numeric characters. This error message doesn't make any sense. 

Some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Were you able to solve your issue? If you are using the online version, try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.    

If not, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gpware
Returning Member

The issue I described above still has not been resolved. When I enter my Vanguard Account Number and Document ID I see the error "Account Number: Please enter only 8 numeric digits of Account Number."

This error does not make any sense because the Account Number that I entered is accurate and exactly 8 digits (no letters). 

I am using Turbo Tax Deluxe 2023 (not online edition).

I do not want to call TurboTax Customer service because I do not live in the US and do not want to pay for an international call.

I hope that somebody can help me with this problem because this seems to be a fairly big bug. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies