turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't get my 2016 file to transfer into 2017. I find the file on my computer, select, hit transfer, but then it does nothing. File has the tax2016 extension.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I can't get my 2016 file to transfer into 2017. I find the file on my computer, select, hit transfer, but then it does nothing. File has the tax2016 extension.

Do you still have the 2016 program on your computer?  Try saving it again from 2016.  Does it have a password on it? Take off the password and save it again.

I found this answer....
Then with 2016 running and you can see your data, do a File -> Save As (hold the option key down) and save a new xxx.tax2016 file to your desktop or where you can find it and try transferring from that.   I know of no reason that it should not transfer the data.

Tried.  2016 app won't load the file either.Got a bad feeling I am just going to have to start from scratch again.
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below FAQ to assist you in transferring your 2016 tax return to TurboTax for Mac.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302046

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies