Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Pirate6BR

I can only import my Fidelity Tax documents but not my spouses. Is this a problem on the TT side or Fidelity side? Anyone know how to correct? I would prefer not having to manually enter the data.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I can only import my Fidelity Tax documents but not my spouses. Is this a problem on the TT side or Fidelity side? Anyone know how to correct? I would prefer not having to manually enter the data.

If you have a single broker for multiple accounts, when selecting to add another account for the same broker: Clear cookies and then search for your broker via the search bar rather than clicking the broker icon. This should allow the screen to input account information and import the data. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Pirate6BR

That would appear to work if you are using the online version. I have a s/w installed on my Mac. 

Yeah, There may been a lot of handwaving options for getting TTX to recognize you have a second Fidelity (or other Provider too).   Dumping cookies may help.

Other:

1)  One way it to use your Browser to log into the first Fidelity account (the one you don't want now) and then log out again....then use the browser to log into the second Fidelity account  (the one you want now) ....leave that open in the browser, then go to the TTX desktop again and attempt the import again.....and see if it links you to the second account now.

or

2)  Save your tax file and shut TTX down.....then reboot your computer, open TTX and see if the import procedure now asks for the full Fidelity login.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies