turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I called IRS and my federal return is NOT in their system. Like I didn’t file.. I filed my mail. With turbo tax. I sent in my return. Followed all directs.. I received my state return already too

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I called IRS and my federal return is NOT in their system. Like I didn’t file.. I filed my mail. With turbo tax. I sent in my return. Followed all directs.. I received my state return already too

Did you mail federal in a separate envelope to the IRS?  Some people have been mailing both returns in the same envelope to the state.

How long ago did you mail it?  If the IRS didn't get it mail another copy.  Are you using the right refund amount?  Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined. 

@VolvoGirll pointed out some excellent things to consider and asked for some very relevant additional information.

The only additional question I have (which might be available and I'm just missing it) is about elapsed time.

The federal and state processes for paper filed returns are very different and could just be moving at the speed of government.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies