jnetter1954

I bought my turbo tax from Costco do I have to wait until they send the e-delivery to start my taxes ?

KathrynG3

Yes.

If the Costco TurboTax copy was an e-delivery, please check your email for the code or try this Troubleshooting article for help finding the License Code.

For those with the Disc purchased from Costco, it should be included in the packaging or on the disc:

If you obtained the TurboTax CD from an authorized retailer, your license code is printed on the front of the insert in your box. 

If you obtained the TurboTax CD directly from TurboTax.com, your license code is printed on the packing slip.

If you obtained the TurboTax CD through TurboTax Advantage, your license code is printed on the envelope.

When you buy from Costco or any store it is for the Desktop program.  You have to install the program on your computer.  Do not use the Online web version where you log into an account.  You can not apply the Desktop purchase to the Online version.  

I think you only get a CD from Costco.  Then after you get the CD you install it or you can download the program from Turbo Tax using the License Code.  There will be instructions in the box.  Look for it and look for the 14 digit License Code.  Keep the License Code handy.  And don't throw it away when you are done.

ChaseChase

Regarding buying TurboTax from Costco:

The email with the link to download TurboTax came in an email from " [email address removed] " with the subject "Your Software Activation Keys."  No where does it mention TurboTax or Costco as the sender or in the subject line.  I had deleted this email thinking it was junk.

I had to call Costco and wait 1 hour and 20 minutes on hold before speaking to someone who re-submitted my email address so that I received the TurboTax activation information.