Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

segura1-

I bought a 2016 truck last year, is there a way to claim that on my income?

How to claim 2016 truck bought in Nov of 2016 for income tax
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you paid sales tax on your new truck, be sure to enter that under the Sales Tax section.

Also, if you use your truck for business (as an employee or for your own business), you may be able to take a mileage deduction for your business use.

If you're curious to know if you qualify for any deduction, try entering the information in TurboTax and the program will evaluate your answers to provide the best outcome for your tax situation.

The easiest way to find any section in TurboTax is to go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in your topic, then click the topic in the list to go directly to the start of this section.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you paid sales tax on your new truck, be sure to enter that under the Sales Tax section.

Also, if you use your truck for business (as an employee or for your own business), you may be able to take a mileage deduction for your business use.

If you're curious to know if you qualify for any deduction, try entering the information in TurboTax and the program will evaluate your answers to provide the best outcome for your tax situation.

The easiest way to find any section in TurboTax is to go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in your topic, then click the topic in the list to go directly to the start of this section.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies