Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skixbumx

I am using the computer program TurboTax 2020 and trying to add executor fees on schedule 1 line 8 but the program does not allow any entry. How can I enter the fee?

I type but does not show and I tried over ride but that did not work. It is like Turbotax does not allow any entry except standard items like gambling revenue.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

I am using the computer program TurboTax 2020 and trying to add executor fees on schedule 1 line 8 but the program does not allow any entry. How can I enter the fee?

See this TurboTax FAQ for help with troubleshooting TurboTax for Windows. If you need further assistance, contact customer support here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Look for "Other Income".

skixbumx

My problem, as an executor I did not receive a 1099 form.  It seems any entry in other income requires a 1099 form. I looked up the IRS site and was instructed to enter on schedule 1 line 8. My problem is Turbotax will not allow any entry on line 8. 

I'm using the PC version. Use step by step, look for less common income. Its at the very end of the income section. Then Miscellaneous income, then other reportable income. Type in the description "executor fee" and the amount. I just did this for my 2020 taxes and it works on the PC version of Turbotax. Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies