Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

plbl1510

I am using desktop version for '23 filing.An error for Form 2210 Line D withholding. The sum of the four columns is not equal to my total withholding. How do I resolve?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

I am using desktop version for '23 filing.An error for Form 2210 Line D withholding. The sum of the four columns is not equal to my total withholding. How do I resolve?

If the quarterly withholdings on Form 2210 don't equal your total withholdings for the year, in FORMS mode, you can right-click on the Line D entries to see the source documents for the amounts shown (W-2, 1099's, etc.)

These amounts don't include Estimated Payments. 

You can also see the amounts on the 1040 Worsksheet, Lines 25a-d.  

If you don't check box B, C, or D in Part II, you don't need to figure the penalty.  The IRS will figure any penalty for underpayment of estimated tax and send you a bill.  If you file your return by April 15, 2024, no interest will be charged on the penalty if you pay the penalty by the date shown on the bill.  If you want the IRS to figure the penalty for you, complete your return as usual.  Leave the penalty line on your return blank; don't file Form 2210.

Here's detailed Instructions for Form 2210 and more TurboTax info on Form 2210. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies