Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am uninstall the deluxe version and install the premier version. But after I unistall the deluxe and install the premier, the deluxe version keep showing up.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am uninstall the deluxe version and install the premier version. But after I unistall the deluxe and install the premier, the deluxe version keep showing up.

You are going through more aggravation and spending more than necessary.   With the CD/download there is no need to purchase a second copy if you want a higher version.  All you need to do is upgrade the version you already have.   With the Deluxe program open, just go to the top of the screen --- do you see the little bell at the top right?---then >>   Click >> and choose "Upgrade" and you can upgrade from Deluxe to Premier and just pay the difference between the price for Deluxe and Premier.

Return or get a refund for the unnecessary copy of the software you purchased.

To request a refund from TT ;  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Here's how to activate a different version. There is a way to have 2 licenses. You don't need to install the second version just enter the License Code. Under Help - Switch Product - Activate new product. Don't know what that will do or what benefit you will get. Don't think it will allow you to efile more than 5.

But you only needed to buy 1 version. The Desktop program can do unlimited returns and efile 5 for free. And All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies