turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am trying to pay by credit card will not accept

I responded to an ad on the website that said I would pay a max of $188 for my fed taxes. I was never given the option of that deal, and I did not know I was being shuffled to a higher price. A real ripoff. Also, Turbotax does not honor third-party codes. I wound up getting charged more than $300. No one in customer service would listen or cared at all. Has anyone else encountered trouble getting discounts?

jillberg

I keep trying to pay by credit card to efile, but when I push the pay by credit card button, it says we've encountered a snag and try again later.  I've been doing this for 24 hours now.  Please advise.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you still experience the issue, please call Customer Service and tell them you have a "block payment issues, possibly due to billing or an invalid license" and the agent should be able to help you. Here is how you reach customer service:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks so much for posting this!  Changing my billing street was the ONLY thing that worked after hours of trying different credit cards.

Stop listening to these Intuit Advisers. They copy and paste responses from a script. The only thing that works for thousands or more of us is to change our billing address. It’s been going on for years. 

Have you looked at this comment thread even once. These canned responses help no one.  The problem isn’t the cache, the browser or anything else on our end. It’s TT and it’s been going on for years. 

BigBird46

If TurboTax stops responding when you enter "enter credit card", this should  work.

1.  Select Turbo Tax and press 'Shift and Enter" at the same time.

2.  This should open a window where you can enter your name, etc. and then credit card info.

3.  Try re-entering your  credit  card info or use a new card.

4.  You will be guided through a slightly different set of windows to show payment info was correct and then to "Transmit Return"

This worked for me after unsuccessfully trying to quit the program, empty the computer's cache, restart the computer, shutdown and restart and yelling at the computer.  🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies