Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am trying to pay by credit card will not accept

This has been an issue for several years now.  Any concern from anyone that Intuit can't calculate taxes correctly across county lines when you're checking out?  What does that say about their product (Turbo Tax) that is supposed to be calculating our taxes?

Intuit can't do what online retailers have been doing for 20 years!!!  Someone should be fired.

Imagine checking out on Amazon and they can't calculate correct taxes and won't accept you're credit card no matter what you do?  This is embarrassing ... Intuit employees, we're embarrassed for you.  A shoddy product ... doesn't instill confidence in your company that you can't do something so basic.

Me too, with a Mac mini OS 13.2.1 running Safari 16.3.  Called 800 466 8848, the tax helper eventually suspected my card, called the bank, they didn't even see 17 plus attempts, let alone any rejections.  Finally gave up for the day,  

7 Mar 46 min

7 Mar 22 min

7 Mar 1hr 02 min

The final call 800 466 8848, the tax agent finally took my info, pushed the state products to my account.  

Did my states, now I can't pay for e-file, same deal, but striking out because I get other agents (Donna is who you want). She is a titanium Wonder Woman.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Were you able to pay for your state taxes to be e-filed in the end? @KenMulder 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is at least my third year having this issue. On the phone with support  for over an hour. Used 3 cards and Still cant purchase state e-file. Their suggestion, wait 30 minutes

Does not work. Broken for over 3 years

123 main street not working this year. Darn

Only solution is to print your return, mail them and then go into your TT account and ask for a ask for a full refund 

Yes,

You have to insist the agent refers you to collections.

Then must search the tax program, a blue link will send you to a hidden screen (a well hidden screen) that has serial numbers.  

The agent will collect your credit card info over the phone, then send you a code.  Eventually, I paid for one state ($25 actually $39 something with hidden fees).  The nice thing, since I needed three states, she gave me the next two for free.

I am free to mail some stuff Turbo tax didn’t send, to states that don’t accept Turbo taxes electronic signature, or want my copies of 1099s, or need a check mailed, etc.  But, my returns are in!!!  

Last year, I couldn’t get Turbo state tax to accept my payment, gave up and mailed.  Suffered from NM incorrectly transcribing some of my info, took me till Oct to get my refund!   So, fighting this through, this year, is worth it.

• You have to insist the agent refers you to collections.

Then must search the tax program, a blue link will send you to a hidden screen (a well hidden screen) that has serial numbers.  

The agent will collect your credit card info over the phone, then send you a code.  Eventually, I paid for one state ($25 actually $39 something with hidden fees).  The nice thing, since I needed three states, she gave me the next two for free.

You have to insist the agent refers you to collections.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you would like to pay by phone, please click here to contact us by phone. @bowmanjeff @jlyng1969 @KenMulder 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why don't you fix your tax SW?????  Why is it necessary for folks who already paid their TurboTax "tax" to spend their precious time searching these unattended message boards and find "the link" to do something so simple????  Is there no shame or pride in what this company sells?

After several years of dealing with this issue with Turbo Tax, I bit the bullet and switched to Tax Slayer and have not had a problem. Honestly, I don't want to call to pay by phone, I don't want to wait until someone can figure out what is the problem with my entries (the problem needs to be owned by Turbo Tax). Anyway - that is my solution to the problem - after trying at least 4 different credit/debit cards to pay over at least two or three years. I am happily done and have already received my state and federal refunds.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies