Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am trying to pay by credit card will not accept

Switch to Tax Slayer or another online provider. You will not get a satisfactory answer from Turbo Tax.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

For further assistance, please contact support. 
This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

SForrestLO  In light of what has been written above, your response above is a complete joke.  Are you actually reading what customers are writing?  Do you not understand the issue?  Let me make it simple for you, people are contacting Turbo Tax, the issue is the response/support we are getting sucks.  Maybe SForrestLO is simply an automated response bot or $2/hr off-shore support. 

Rwnorton
Returning Member

2023 same problem. TurboTax will not accept credit card for state enfile. 

@Rwnorton  wrote:

2023 same problem. TurboTax will not accept credit card for state enfile. 

Is the credit card billing address the same as the address on the tax return?

Contact TurboTax support for this problem, use the key words Billing Issue

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/contact-turbotax/L2y9...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Rwnorton
Returning Member

Thanks, same exact address. Contacted TurboTax who suggested clearing cookies and using the 123 Main St address for my billing address. That didn’t work. I’ve also experimented unsuccessfully with the display resolution. 

It is not true that TURBO TAX will supply help if contacted. They cannot solve the ‘address does not match’ problem, yet they continue to falsely advertise that state returns can be electronically filed using their product. For the extra money you pay to get the state return capability, you can prepare your state return, but you will have to print it (in my state about 26 pages) and mail it in. Be sure to allow yourself enough time to do so - or switch your business to a vendor who can accomplish basic payment programming. I truly don’t know what advantage TT gets in forgoing the $19.95 fee for electronic filing, but it strikes me as a really stupid business move.

Turbo TAX won't accept my credit card.  What can I do?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@ericellison 

You will want to make sure that the billing address for the credit card is a U.S. billing address

If it is a U.S. billing address, you would want to make sure that the billing address for the credit card matches the billing address that shows on the TurboTax account information.

If this still does not work for you, you may want to reach out to TurboTax customer support for assistance.

I spent over an hour on then phone with support, I was told to try again in 30 minutes, disconnected and then sent an email saying the problem was resolved. 

Tax_Cut
Returning Member

I recently experienced the Turbotax/Intuit problem with the credit card not being accepted - tried various name/address solutions - none of which worked (and I now understand why - at least in my case).

I did call customer support and fortunately talked to Chris, who was very helpful. About a year ago (Spring of 2022), I attempted filing electronically through Turbotax, but the Fed return was REJECTED by the IRS (for whatever reason - a whole other story). So, at that time (in 2022), neither the Federal or State tax return ended up being filed electronically, and I then filed paper returns. Since Turbotax charged the $25 State return filing fee PRIOR to determination of acceptance of the Federal return by the IRS, and the State return had been thus ALSO REJECTED (in effect "not delivered"), I did a credit card "chargeback"  for the $25 through the credit card company. Well, it turns out that EVER since then the Intuit finance department put a "HOLD" on my Intuit account, which had the effect of making it impossible for me pay with ANY credit card connected with my "ID" - whether using my Intuit account or even using a Guest payment approach. The Intuit finance department NEVER informed me about this "account hold" by posting a notification in my Intuit account or by any other means (email) - I simply could just never buy anything from Intuit since then (including Turbotax software downloads which I had to buy through Amazon). Apparently, I should have done a "refund" through Intuit's website (and not done a "chargeback"). If this may have happened with you, then the solution is to contact a Turbotax/Intuit customer service representative by phone (which should be made easier) and have them get the Intuit finance department to remove the "account hold". Some improvements in "customer service" would be quite possible here in my opinion - but by taking this approach and not accepting any payments whatsoever they have been doing a great job of shooting their own foot for quite some time now.

Try another dummy address besides 123 Main St if your correct address is not working. Another simple but fake address worked for me. Only change the street name not the city, state or zip code. The 123 Main St address was used too often. 

I keep trying to pay by my credit but won’t take it.  Tried my credit card, my husband card . 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this workaround: change your payment address to 1234 Main Street with your city and zip code when you pay by credit.  

If this doesn't work, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

@Twirltomarchmusic  

Oops. We’re having a little trouble processing your billing information. Please select "contact us" from the help panel to speak with an expert to assist you

I've typed in my credit card information and attempted so confirm payment multiple times; however, I receive the message above. My billing address is all accurate and have troubleshooted with TurboTax Product Support representative Larry. Unfortunately, we are still getting the same error.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies