turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I called the offset number and it says I dont owe. Will I receive my entire return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SharonC1

I called the offset number and it says I dont owe. Will I receive my entire return?

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you have an outstanding balance with the IRS, they will hold your refund to pay for that.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If there are no offsets to your federal return, then you should--unless the IRS discovers some other mistake and corrects it.  if that happens, they mail you a letter of explanation.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I owe the irs money from a mistake on my taxes in 2016. I called the offset number but it doesn't show any offsets. Will they take my entire return?
SharonC1

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you have an outstanding balance with the IRS, they will hold your refund to pay for that.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies