Solved: I am running the numbers to see if married separate will be better. Do I add both w2s at the same time?

I am running the numbers to see if married separate will be better. Do I add both w2s at the same time?

Do I add the information for both of us and let Turbo tax separate or do I need to create a file for each of us?

Since you are using the CD/download product, there is a feature in forms mode that you can use to determine what the taxes would be filing jointly or separately. You must enter everything as if you are filing jointly and then use the tool to show the difference.

After entering everything, go to forms mode and type what-if in the search box and click on what-if worksheet and you will see where you can select married filing separately to see what the difference is.