Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am on the 3rd and last step of filing my taxes and I have paid turbotax already but it says that Ie-filing cannot be completed

I am outside the US so I cannot call them for help.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

I am on the 3rd and last step of filing my taxes and I have paid turbotax already but it says that Ie-filing cannot be completed

What is the reason given for not being able to e-File.  Sometimes this is an area we can assist you with working around, but occasionally returns must  be mailed for processing depending on the nature of the issue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. To ensure you have the latest version of TurboTax, wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file your return by mail. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits. 

This is the message given and I have been trying everyday since then. I am using the online version and I am currently in my Home country so mailing it will be impossible due to COVID-19. 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Change your phone number to a US number in the Intuit Account of Turbo Tax.  No need to verify this number in the Intuit Account just click exit when your are done. Then go back to you return an continue filing. 

Solution: Intuit Account -> Sign In & Security -> Phone (change & save no need to verify) -> back to e-file and retry.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you very much!!!!! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies