Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

waterfall08
Returning Member

How do I change the "expected withholding" for 2019 in Estimated Tax worksheet to 0?

The worksheet will not let me enter 0 in place of my actual withholding for 2018. I will not have any withholding in 2019.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I change the "expected withholding" for 2019 in Estimated Tax worksheet to 0?

I am mostly Forms-oriented, so these are in Forms mode:

How to change the tax withholding used in calculating 1040-ES
Federal:
in Estimated Tax Payment Options;  Amount of Estimated Taxes to Pay in 2019
Override Expected withholding for 2019 (2018 actual withholding)
 There may be a way without override, but I could not find it.

Illinois: Fill in Part V line 4 column 2 of Estimated tax worksheet.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I am mostly Forms-oriented, so these are in Forms mode:

How to change the tax withholding used in calculating 1040-ES
Federal:
in Estimated Tax Payment Options;  Amount of Estimated Taxes to Pay in 2019
Override Expected withholding for 2019 (2018 actual withholding)
 There may be a way without override, but I could not find it.

Illinois: Fill in Part V line 4 column 2 of Estimated tax worksheet.

On this screen?  It works for me

I had originally asked. How do you get to that "Enter payments you expect to make" screen? I got there starting with 1. Enter "estimated tax payments" into the Find box.
2. Click on Jump to Estimated Tax Payments for next year.
3. Click No, "Prepare Now",No, then clicked some other stuff and got there. Now I will try to figure out how to do it in Forms mode and to check results. Thanks.

I came searching for how to enter the "Expected withholding for 2024" into the Est tax options form. The default is the 2023 withholding number, and the only way I found to do that was to override. Since this number does not affect the 2023 tax return, I would like to think this would not prevent doing Efile for 2023. But if it did, I know I could come back and un-override. But dang, I really think I should be able to enter the number without an override.

The only thing I found was this thread!. And what I wrote then no longer works.  There is now no Find, but there is a Search once you go to step-by-step mode. But the searches I tried do not turn up anything relevant. Since this now can be applicable to people who do not use forms mode, I think I will write a new question not mentioning forms. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies