turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbotax is only importing half of my Ally Bank 1099-INT's available when I compare them with the hard copies provided by the bank.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

81 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbotax is only importing half of my Ally Bank 1099-INT's available when I compare them with the hard copies provided by the bank.

Do you have more than one account? If you can't get them to import, enter them manually.

Yes, I have several certificates of deposit which generates multiple 1099-INTs. I will manually type them. Thank you!
jclader

I have the exact same problem. My wife and I each have our own login for Ally with multiple joint and individual savings accounts and CDs. Turbo tax imports the individual and joint savings accounts under each login ID, imports my wife's individual CD under her login, but does not import the joint CDs under either login. Yes, I can and did add the omitted accounts manually, but this is clearly a bug that not everyone will catch. This is a new problem this year, so either Ally or TurboTax has changed something.

I have the same problem.  If I look at the hard copy 1099 Ally sent, I see a page of instructions after the first two accounts.  The 1099-INTs for the remaining accounts follow the instructions.  The first two accounts are the only ones available for import.  Could it be that Turbo Tax is seeing a page of instructions and assuming that is the end of the 1099 forms?

This worked last year for the same number of accounts.  

I can enter manually but then why did I by TT to download my financial information?

I am having the same problem.  This year, TT import is not importing all of the Ally accounts.  In imports the savings but not the CD interest paid.  Definitely a BUG!!

I am having the same problem.  This year, TT import is not importing all of the Ally accounts.  In imports the savings but not the CD interest paid.  Definitely a BUG!!
luvdpiano

I have 7 CDs with different Account Numbers, but the same amounts/interest.  TT only imported ONE of the CD's.  YET ANOTHER TurboTax bug.
jonospiro

Still having this problem for 2017 tax year.

Same problem in January of 2018.  TT is only picking up the first page of my Ally 1099-INT.  Seems the problem should have been solved by now.

Yes - just thought of this - started my TT for 2017 - Feb 1, 2018
the ALLY BANK 1099-INT accounts listed on the actual 1st page of the paper 1099-INT are being picked up, but my 3rd account listed on a later page is NOT being picked up -
---> WEIRD - wonder if it is always the ALLY accounts listed on the "first page" - anything else is ignored.
SO.... to keep things clean, simple, and trackable, do we -
A - Import the "front page" ALLY accts, and then add the rest manually
B - do NOT Import any ALLY accts,
and then add them ALL manually - thus not confusing the missing Import listing...
----
Always good the compare the Import Details - with the actual 1099 info -

JUST ADDED for 2017 taxes -
Did the ALLY Import, and only got 2 of my 3 CD accounts.  
But TTAX did have the existing entry from last year, with the red !! -
So I just edited the Interest Amount on that entry and all is good... no big deal - just a nit -
The red !! are there from last year, BUT if you have new accounts,
then you will still need to PAY ATTENTION to the Import vs the paper 1099.

It's possible that the problem emanates from Ally rather than TT because there was no issue importing from a brokerage  account at a different finanacial institution. Seems like Ally and TT should be able to figure this out.

A year later than the original post and this isn't fixed?  I just tried to import from Ally and got 2 of the 6 accounts I have.  I paid a premium over H&R Blocks software, because I thought TuboTax was better.  So this is disappointing.

It would be interesting to note what the paper or PDF version of the 1099-INT looks like -
--
Seems like only the TWO accounts listed on the FIRST PAGE are the ones getting imported.
I have 2 CDs and the MM account -
only the 2 accounts listed on the FIRST PAGE were imported...
So 2 of 3, or 2 of 6 for latest poster...
--
It could be that the interface to ALLY is not a normal clean API - and TTax may be doing a grab of the paper image, and closes out after not seeing the proper formatting... which happens on Page 2 of the actual Ally paper 1099-INT - it is the boilerplate instructions for 1099 info - with the actual 1099-INT account info continuing past that on Page 3 -
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies