cleve_davis

I am having issues launching 2015 on Mac OS 10.13.5. The work around posted on the FAQ but that has expired. Does anyone have a solution for this?

macuser_22

I don't know what you mean "expired" but here is the FAQ with the workaround---

That is a known issue that seems to have been created by Apple with a change in OSX 10.13.4. There was no problem with OSX 10.13.3.

Since this is not a defect in the TurboTax software, but is due to a change that Apple made which causes an internal Apple java script function to crash while reading an embedded java script component in the TurboTax application, TurboTax will not be issuing any update to the TurboTax software. However, TurboTax has issued a workaround to remove the java script from the TurboTax application so that the Apple software will not crash.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4477509-turbotax-2014-and-2015-for-mac-crashes-on-launch

WildcatTech

These workaround links DO NOT WORK anymore because TurboTax rearranged & moved its support.  This same response here from @macuser_22 appears in a number of different Support articles (including those found on the new support site), but the links still point to the old location so do not work.

I would love to find this workaround to remove Javascript from my 2015 and 2016 CD installations so they won't crash (need to amend a return I previously filed and add a state), but I need a working link to TurboTax's workaround to do so.

They probably took down the article on Mac 2014 & 2015 since they do not support 2015 or earlier now.  If you have a .tax file you can try to convert it to a pdf at  http://www.taxprinter.com

This is a new forum layout. Some posts that have June 2019 dates are really older posts from the old forum that got moved over. So they might be for prior years and not current info. When they migrated over the dates got changed to June 2019. And the screen shots got deleted. 

2016 is also no longer supported as well. 

macuser_22

@WildcatTech wrote:

Unfortunately because no year before 2017 is supported anymore, they took down the support links so the fix script is no longer available.    Note: this did not affect 2016 (2014 & 2015 only).