Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 2210 is incorrectly being applied to my Fed Return. I am getting a $10 refund & it is asking for information in Part 1 of the 2210AI form.

Line 6 is greater than both line 4 & line 5 & shows -10.  Form says if less than 1000 not required.  Seems like a software bug - please fix.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Kimberly F
Expert Alumni

Form 2210 is incorrectly being applied to my Fed Return. I am getting a $10 refund & it is asking for information in Part 1 of the 2210AI form.

If you see this error, enter any value in the boxes indicated.  This will force the Form 2210 to calculate.  Then, select the Tools option on the left menu, and then "Delete a form".  Delete Form 2210 and run the review again.  The error should be gone and Form 2210 will be removed from the return.

tjnetal

So what happens if I filled in random information and neglected to delete form before submitting?
toejam1

I deleted the form. Reran error check and the damn thing keeps reappearing!! What gives TT?!!!!!

I am having a problem like this.  Form 2210 appeared suddenly after a TT update.  Federal Review says to uncheck Part II Box A since there is no penalty.  But I can't find a way to do this, and this form keeps reappearing when I try to delete it.
sfar73

I am getting the same error: "Form 2210: Part II Box A should not be checked, the penalty is zero"
I can't fix this.
I deleted the form 2210 from Tools/delete forms but it keeps reappearing and is not letting me efile

This post is from a year ago...the current "problem" will require some intervention by Customer Support and Programming staff.

A recent update introduced "unintended consequences"
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Kimberly F
Expert Alumni

If you see this error, enter any value in the boxes indicated. This will force the Form 2210 to calculate. Then, select the Tools option on the left menu, and then "Delete a form". Delete Form 2210 and run the review again. The error should be gone and Form 2210 will be removed from the return.

lbklbk22

I'm having the same issue.  I don't see "delete a form" from the tools option.  I have the Turbo tax Deluxe.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies