Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am filing out the 8962 form & I do not know What a tax family size is? Is a tax family size the size of my family? Is it an amount of money?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
HelenaC

I am filing out the 8962 form & I do not know What a tax family size is? Is a tax family size the size of my family? Is it an amount of money?

Per HealthCare.gov Tax Household and income

• For the Health Insurance Marketplace, a household usually includes the tax filer, their spouse if they have one, and their tax dependents.
  • Household income for the year you want coverage, not last year’s income. For most people, a household consists of the tax filer, their spouse if they have one, and their tax dependents, including those who don’t need coverage. It's the Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI). See 2018 Instructions for Form 8962 Page 6 on how to figure your MAGI. Also see Where can I find my 2018 (current-year) AGI?
  • Per the  2018 Instructions for Form 8962, Page 3: You qualify for the Premium Tax Credit if your household income for 2018 is at least 100% but no more than 400% of the federal poverty line for your family size. The Federal Poverty schedules are on page 7.

Related information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies