Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am filing MFS and NOT in a community state so why am I being asked for MFS Fed AGI?

I am Married Filing Separately and do NOT live in a community state and my spouse and I have lived apart for the entire year. TurboTax produced an error "Information Worksheet: MFS fed AGI must be entered." What does this mean and where do I get this information? Is it asking for a combination of my and my spouse's income?

Thank you!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am filing MFS and NOT in a community state so why am I being asked for MFS Fed AGI?

I resolved the issue and did not see a similar question/answer posted so I am sharing. Under the Federal "Personal Info" tab I had to revisit my spouse's information and select checkboxes that say:

"Spouse did not live with me at any time between July 1, and December 31" and "I lived apart from Spouse for all of 2021". 

Subsequently, in the next menu I had to select the box to confirm that spouse had income and will file a tax return and that no one else could claim Spouse as their dependent. 

This cleared the error asking me for MFS Fed AGI.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Glad you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for providing this solution!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies