jorhellings

I am divorced why is turbo tax now asking about my ex-wife if she won at casino. HOW THE HELL WOULD I KNOW!!

been divorced for almost 3 years. NEVER ASKED THIS BEFORE
macuser_22

Are you using an account that you once filed a joint return with your ex spouse?

It is almost impossible to totally remove a spouse from an account.

The best thing to do is just clear and abandon the account and create a new account with a new user ID and password.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/family/help/how-do-i-remove-a-former-spouse-from-my-return/01/2720...

Scorpion1

May be he is going out with her now? 😆 well since the last time you must have punched in that info. it just needs to be updated that's all. Happy Filing 😄

StormBorn

My husband has been divorced going on 30 years from his ex whom he was only married to for maybe 2 years. Turbo Tax asked me about her in a security question. This has happened more than once. We file a married joint return. We’ve been married almost 20 years now and he NEVER used TurboTax with his ex. We’ve been using Turbo Tax for years so yes this definitely sucks. I set up our account so this has nothing to do with using an old account. I’m hiring an accountant from here on out. I won’t have to deal with “ex wife birthday” questions in the future thankfully.