I am currently NRA, married to a US Citizen. As pe...

sharun19

I am currently NRA, married to a US Citizen. As per IRS, I can be considered as resident, with a statement attached. Am I eligible for stimulus check? Can I e-file?

ErnieS0

Possibly. You must have a Social Security number valid for employment to receive stimulus payments. You are ineligible for stimulus money if you have a Social Security card that says Not Valid for Employment or an ITIN number.

In addition, your spouse will be disqualified from receiving the stimulus if you are ineligible and you file jointly.

sharun19

We will be filing jointly and  I have a valid SSN. My spouse has already received both of her stimulus checks. (1200 +600) When we file the return this year, should I select the option for getting additional stimulus (since we are filing jointly)? 

ErnieS0

Enter into TurboTax the actual amounts ($1,200 and $600) your spouse received for the first and second Economic Impact Payments (stimulus). If you have a valid Social Security number you should receive the Recovery Rebate Credit on your tax return. TurboTax will add an additional $1,200 and $600 for you.

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit please do the following:

• Type stimulus in Search in the upper right
  • Click Jump to stimulus
  • Say Yes on It looks like you qualified for the stimulus, did you get any payments?
  • Check/edit the amounts shown

Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your Form 1040.