janell444

I am an independent contractor. My husband gets a w2. We want to file jointly. Which product is best for us to file jointly, claim a dependent and maximize deductions?

You will need to use the TurboTax Self-Employed online editions for both the self-employment income/expenses to be entered on a Schedule C and wages reported on a W-2 - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/self-employed.jsp

janell444

Thank you. How much would it cost for us to file jointly? 

@janell444 wrote:

The Self-Employed edition is $120 no matter your filing status.  If you are also completing a  state tax return that would be an additional $50.  There are no e-file fees when using the online editions.

You could also use one of the TurboTax desktop editions where one free state program is included in the purchase price (except the Basic edition).  There is a state e-file fee of $25 when using the desktop editions but this fee can be avoided by printing and mailing the state return.

Any of the desktop editions could be used for your requirements but the Home & Business edition would be recommended ($120) - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/