Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am adding Job-Related Expenses. After a certain point, adding or taking expenses away stopped changing the tax due/refund. I am at about 10% of income. Thoughts?

Was adding Job-Related Expenses and the Tax due was coming down.  At some point the tax due stopped reducing with additional expenses.  When I add deductions or credits in other categories the tax due number updates instantly.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

I am adding Job-Related Expenses. After a certain point, adding or taking expenses away stopped changing the tax due/refund. I am at about 10% of income. Thoughts?

If you were entering home office expenses, then there is a limitation for claiming those based on the percent of total wages earned from business use of your home.  Once that limitation has been exceeded, additional expenses would not be deducted in the current year.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

If you were entering home office expenses, then there is a limitation for claiming those based on the percent of total wages earned from business use of your home.  Once that limitation has been exceeded, additional expenses would not be deducted in the current year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies