acduarterabelo

I am a visiting student from Brazil at UNL. I worked on campus for 7 months and I'm going back to Brazil. What is the step by step to file my tax return?

On a J1 visa you are considered a non-resident and will file a form 1040-NR to pay income tax on your US income only. Turbotax does not include form 1040-NR.  

Turbotax recommends Sprintax for non-resident aliens, although there are also other providers.  You will need your W-2 from your employer which will be sent by January 31, 2018.  Make sure you can download your W-2 electronically from your university and/or make sure they have your home mailing address.

What kind of visa were you on?
acduarterabelo

J1 Visa
mesquitebean

Are you referring to a 2016 return; i.e., last year?  What dates were you in the USA?  Were you here in previous years?
acduarterabelo

No, it's about this year, 2017. I'm in USA right now. I have been working from 04/01 to 10/31. It means 7 months full time at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. But I'm going back to Brazil in 11/28.