taxmancometh207

I am a US citizen but live in the United Kingdom. I no longer have a bank account in the USA. Can I file my US taxes through Turbotax?

You can and any refund can be mailed to you  HOWEVER to pay the TT fees you need a US CC with a US address.

If your AGI is $69K or less (after using the foreign income exclusion)  then their is a totally FREE option to pick from thru the IRS website ... start there first : https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

Carl

A few tidbits of information here.

- To pay your TurboTax fees with a credit/debit card, the card must be three criteria

1) Must be issued by a U.S. Banking institution in U.S. dollars.

2) Must have a valid U.S. billing address

3) Must have a valid U.S. telephone number associated with it.

If you don't meet all three of the above, then you can visit you nearest embassy or consulate office to purchase a pre-paid VISA in U.S. dollars. All U.S. embassies have a U.S. banking facitility in them, and most consulate offices do. After you have purchased the card for the amount needed, register the card on line with a valid U.S. address and U.S. telephone number. Then wait a few hours for the registration to propagate across the internet to wherever it needs to. Then you can use that pre-paid card to pay your TurboTax fees.

- The IRS will not direct deposit to a foreign bank account. So you only option will be to get any refund due via a paper check sent to you in the mail. You should be able to cash it at the embassy or consulate office. Of course, when you purhcase the pre-paid VISA card you could also open a bank account with the U.S. banking facility located in the embassy. Then your refund could be deposited there with no problem.