desi_jenkins

I am a licensed nail technician I currently work at a salon and I am required to purchase and provide all of my own product, how would I claim those expenses?

my position is commission based I am not self employed.
DawnC0

If you receive a W-2, you are an employee.  To claim most work-related expenses, you must itemize deductions. You can deduct only the portion of your work-related expenses that exceeds the IRS floor: 2 percent of adjusted gross income. 

In TurboTax, you would go to Federal Taxes, then Deductions & Credits, then scroll down and look for Employment Expenses.  When you click on Employment Expenses, you will see where to enter Job-Related Expenses.

If you receive a 1099, you are considered self-employed and would need to deduct your expenses on Schedule C.  You would need to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed to claim your expenses, as Deluxe will only allow you to enter your income from your business and not your expenses.