Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am 84 - had only SSA-1099 income and no entries for wages. So nothing shows on my filing for income at all. What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I am 84 - had only SSA-1099 income and no entries for wages. So nothing shows on my filing for income at all. What should I do?

No, not since you have no filing reqirement.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Yes. There is nothing further you need to do.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If your only income for the year is Social Security (regardless of age), you are not required to file a tax return. You don't have to do anything.

If you only get ssi or SS or SSDI or SSA-1099 it is not taxable and you do not have to file a return.  If you still want to efile a return you can add $1 of interest.  It won't affect your return.  Enter a fake 1099Int for $1.

Will the IRS be looking for it yet since I filed for an extension?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

No, not since you have no filing reqirement.

The thing would not let me efile.  So I figure that it would not let me even if I did what you mentioned here.

So, considering that I had filed for an extension and it won't let me efile, should I just continue to ignore the whole mess?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Yes. There is nothing further you need to do.

Thanks much for your reply and to all the replies.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies