quentinjor

I am 19 years old and live at home with groceries and my phone as my only bills. I made enough, and are not claimed as a dependent. Will I receive the stimulus check?

Texas Roger

Yes you would qualify to receive a stimulus payment. If you have not filed a tax return in 2018 or 2019 and are not required to file because your income is too low, then you should register at this site with direct deposit information for your stimulus: https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

quentinjor

I have already filed my taxes so It sounds like I'm good to go. I appreciate the response, take care!

Texas Roger

If you already filed a tax return and put direct deposit information on your tax return and did not pay your TurboTax fees from your federal refund, then the IRS has what it needs to make your stimulus payment. If you did have your fees paid from your refund, it is not clear whether the IRS will send your stimulus by direct deposit or not.

If you did not have direct deposit information on your tax return, you must wait until the IRS opens a portal in mid April to enter the direct deposit information. Otherwise the IRS will send a check to the address on your tax return which will take longer. 

quentinjor

I'm not exactly sure what the TurboTax fees are, I did however file my taxes through TurboTax and made sure to have my direct deposit information on there. 

quentinjor

While filing them it was said that I was doing it through a free version, and I was never asked to pay for anything. After finishing it went through fine and my tax return is excepted to be in my account soon according to TurboTax.  So from what you previously said, I believe I should be in the clear?

Texas Roger

If you used the Free Edition and there were no fees, then the payment will be direct deposited in your account. 

quentinjor

After doing some more research I've concluded that because I answered that question asking if I could be claimed as a dependent as yes I'm no longer qualified. However I wasn't claimed as a dependent, and I made above $4,200 for the year so to my knowledge I actually couldn't have been claimed as one. But despite all this, because I answered that question a certain way I no longer get it, or am I mistaken? If I am not mistaken how do I go about fixing my form to change the yes to a no? Sorry to bring up this post again and take more time out of your day with so many questions this time.