turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I started my 2017 taxes but never finished/filed them. Can I still finish and file them via Turbo Tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I started my 2017 taxes but never finished/filed them. Can I still finish and file them via Turbo Tax?

federicosmobility
Returning Member

Im at work on saturday and hoped to get something accomplishsed on my 2017 1040 form. But your company

has no one in on the weekends?  So far at every opportunity Turbo Tax has let me down! From confusing instructions of how to get into my 2017 return. ( I still havent been able to do that)  Im under a time sensitive 

date to complete the return and have not gotten much of any help from Turbo Tax. 

@federicosmobility 

You are posting on someone else's original post.  What do you find confusing about how to get into your 2017 return? Have you used this link for assistance? https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3355524-when-does-access-to-my-prior-year-turbotax-online-returns-...

See this prior post for more specific directions for how to access a 2017 tax return: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/how-do-i-view-my-original-2017-tax-retur...

Help please

sallie

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

You will need a 2017 Download/CD version of TurboTax to file a 2017 tax return, which must be printed and mailed (no e-file).  If you don't already have it, you can buy the 2017 Download/CD version of TurboTax at this website.

If you have the ".tax2017" file you used previously to start your 2017 tax return, your 2017 Download/CD software will open that file.  Otherwise, you will need to start over.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies