Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to report income? I received PayPal and wire transfers of consulting income from businesses in India--no paper trail, no 1099 or other tax forms.

How do I report income from companies that do not provide any IRS or other reporting forms such as 1099?

I received PayPal and wire transfers of consulting income from businesses in India.  These companies provide no paper trail, no 1099 or other tax forms.  So how do I enter these sources of income including three checks of $300 each from trainees?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
jtax
Level 10

How to report income? I received PayPal and wire transfers of consulting income from businesses in India--no paper trail, no 1099 or other tax forms.

When you go through your business interview in TT, it will ask you about 1099-MISC income. After that it will ask you for income not reported on a 1099-MISC. 

If you think about it many, many businesses do not get 1099's for their income (think of a retail store).

You do not have to enter each payment. You can just pull the total income from your bookkeeping software.

You must report all income from any source no matter whether there is a information form for it. The payors might have an obligation to file a 1099, but that is not your problem as long as you report all the income you received.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies