reeree1022

How to get USAA discount for Turbotax software download (not the online version)

On the USAA website it says:

The available discounts for all USAA members for both Online & Desktop are:

$10 off Deluxe $15 off Premier $20 off Self-Employed (Online) or Home & Business (Desktop)

But when I go to the special USAA Turbotax site, downloads are not listed for the discount, only Turbotax online.  I need the download because I am filing separately with a deceased spouse.

AkinaLO

USAA provides the discount on their website, not TurboTax. You'll need to access the discount through the USAA website. USAA provides a number to call regarding any discounts for TurboTax. It's 800-531-6347 and says "tax questions" at the main menu.  Please be prepared with the following information:

TurboTax order number (can be found in your e-mail inbox)

First and last name

Complete address

E-mail address used when signing into TurboTax

Telephone number USAA number

Please view this link for more answers to FAQs. https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/advice-tax-center?showtab=turbotax

mASs3y01

operaflute

USAA leads you to Turbotax Online, despite saying you can get a discount on desktop version. Same problem every single year.

JeanneLO

Have you contacted USAA for assistance? Per their website If you filed your return using TurboTax and accessed it via usaa.com and did not receive your discount, TurboTax will need to research your transaction. In order to do so, please contact the USAA tax line at 800-531-3225 and say "tax questions" at the main menu. 

@operaflute

operaflute

Thanks. After a LOT of poking/clicking/hunting on TT site on lands on after clicking on the USAA TT link, I finally got there, but... sheesh. It shouldn't be that hard. (No idea what I did - I always have to repeat this exercise year after year...)

P.