truejack24

How to efile when i already chose mail?

JakailaLO

How to efile when i already chose mail?

Yes, you can change your filing choice to e-file as long as you haven't already mailed your tax return. 

If you use TurboTax Online and you selected that you wanted to print and mail your tax return, then TurboTax will treat your return as if you have filed.  If that is the case, you will no longer see, "Take me to my return/Continue my return" on your account.  To get around that issue, you will do the following:

•  Log in to your TurboTax Online account
  • Click on Taxes, and then click on My Tax Timeline
  • Locate your 2016 tax return on that page 
  • Find  "Some things you can do" under your 2016 tax return information
  • Choose Add a State (you don't actually add one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
  • Now you can follow the instructions listed in the TurboTax FAQ below to change to e-filing your return, rather than filing by mail. 

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on how to do so.https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3985787

ModestaL

How to efile when i already chose mail?

Have you already mailed in your return?
truejack24

How to efile when i already chose mail?

no i havent
JakailaLO

How to efile when i already chose mail?